Royal Purple 31140 10W-40 Motor Oil1 Quart Bottle
Royal Purple 31140 HPS 10W-40 High Performance Street Synthetic Motor Oil with Synerlec - 1 Quart Bottle
- Maximum wear protection
- Increase horsepower and torque
- Advanced protection for performance and modified engines
- Exceptional oxidation stability
- Fortified with zinc/phosphorus anti-wear additive
Motor oil is made from crude oil and is used to lubricate, clean, and cool engines. Types of motor oil include conventional, synthetic, diesel, bio-based, hybrid (blends of conventional and synthetic), and recycled oils. Motor oil varies in weight and viscosity, as well as additives that some manufacturers add to the oil during the refining process. A numerical code system created by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) grades motor oils according to viscosity, the higher the number between 0 and 60, the more viscous (thicker) the oil is. Most consumer motor oils are graded by two numbers, with the first number indicating cold weather (Winter or "W") performance. With a weight of SAE 5W-30, this oil has an SAE viscosity rating of 10 in cold temperatures and a rating of 40 at normal operating temperature. This oil is fully synthetic, meaning crude oil is not used in making it. Synthetic oil often provides superior mechanical performance over traditional motor oil, including increased gas mileage and reduced engine wear at extreme temperatures. Its complex method of production means it can often cost more than conventional motor oil. Royal Purple HPS Series motor oil is specifically formulated to maximize performance and meet the demands of high performance and modified engines. Fortified with a high level of zinc/phosphorus anti-wear additive and proprietary Synerlec additive technology, this unique blend outperforms leading synthetics and conventional lubricants. Available viscosities include 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40 and 20W-50. HPS is recommended for vehicles no longer under manufacturer warranty and for those seeking a higher level of performance and protection. Royal Purple's HPS Series of motor oil responds to increased pressure with increased viscosity. It's advanced additive technologies, such as Synerlec improves the condition of metal-to-metal contact under severe conditions for greater protection.
- Royal Purple
- Powerstroke - 1994-2003 7.3L - Fluids and Filters
- Powerstroke - 2003-2007 6.0L - Fluids and Filters
- Powerstroke - 2008-2010 6.4L - Fluids and Filters
- Powerstroke - 2011-2019 6.7L - Fluids and Filters
- Duramax - 2004.5-2005 LLY - Fluids and Filters
- Duramax - 2006-2007 LBZ LLY - Fluids and Filters
- Duramax - 2007.5-2010 LMM - Fluids and Filters
- Duramax - 2011-2016 LML - Fluids and Filters
- Cummins - 1998.5-2002 5.9L 24V - Fluids and Filters
- Cummins - 2003-2004 5.9L - Fluids and Filters
- Cummins - 2004.5-2007 5.9L - Fluids and Filters
- Item Requires Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.